Java Junction rolls in delicious coffee with quaint train visuals

Photo by Eve Healey / Antelope Staff

healeye@lopers.unk.edu

I recently got the chance to stop by Java Junction. As I drove up to the friendly neighborhood coffee shop with my fellow newspaper confidants, I felt eclectic to get to experience a new place to enjoy coffee here in town. 

Before arriving, I knew very little about Java Junction. It’s safe to say that after leaving, I will be returning again. The exterior of the shop fascinated me, as it resembled a train cart. There is even a sign outside of it reading “Java Junction Crossing.” I felt excited about walking up to the shop due to the decor that surrounded it. In a number of ways, it felt like fall was in the air and present with us for this experience. 

The exterior was decorated with pumpkins, a friendly scarecrow and other Halloween decorations. They also had several areas for seating, including hanging swings. I found it interesting that they had both a drive-in option as well as a walk-up option. I decided to walk up to the window, ready to order. 

I ordered their “Harvest Moon” drink blended, which is a concoction of espresso, vanilla, toasted marshmallow and pumpkin spice. Being a fall lover, I was excited to finally indulge in the season’s prized flavor. The first sip was nothing short of wonderful. All of the flavors blended nicely together to form a drink that most definitely resembled its season. 

After I ordered, I became curious about all of the options the menu has to offer. They have fall-themed drinks, such as pumpkin pie chai, white pumpkin cold brew and salted caramel apple cider. They also had an array of regular drinks and food items up for consideration. With all of the variety in front of me, I could feel my wallet shaking, anticipating the future of my spendings here. 

What made this experience so enjoyable was going with my good friends. I think a lot of times what makes coffee so near and dear to me is not just the coffee itself, but the people I get to share it with. Java Junction’s environment allowed me to enjoy coffee the right way with the right kind of people. 

I rate this experience four out of five Lopes. I can’t wait to visit them in the future and see what else they have in store for their themed menus and decorations. Java Junction is only a few minutes away from campus, so you don’t want to miss out. Go visit them as soon as you can so you can check out what they have in store for this fall season.