Lina’s Mexican Restaurant serves authentic dishes, desserts

Photo by Gisell Torres / Antelope Staff

torresg@lopers.unk.edu

On the south side of town, Lina’s Mexican Restaurant offers authentic Mexican dishes and a welcoming ambiance. Although Lina’s Mexican Restaurant is fairly new to Kearney, opening in 2023, there are several locations across Nebraska. 

Lina’s Mexican Restaurant is the place to go when you are looking for a quick bite to eat, as it is a drive-thru restaurant. Upon driving up to Lina’s Mexican Restaurant, I was shocked to find out that it was only a drive-thru.  I was still met with the aroma of carne asada and fresh homemade tortillas. 

As I looked over the menu, I was impressed by the variety of plates they offered. Including traditional street tacos, tortas, burritos and enchiladas. Lina’s Mexican Restaurant even offers all-day breakfast. I was looking for something that reminded me of a home-cooked meal. After much contemplation, I decided to order the torta with carne asada. It came with guacamole, onion, tomatoes and lettuce. They also offered salsa verde which was a great addition to the plate. 

After driving back home, I sat down to finally take my first bite of my torta. From the initial bite, I was amazed at how the flavors all meshed together. The salsa verde was not too spicy, it just added more flavor to the already flavorful torta. As I savored the last few bites of my meal, I could not help but think about all of the other cuisines that I did not get the chance to try I can only imagine they are just as good as the torta that I had. 

Along with their assortment of Mexican dishes, they also have several dessert items. Their desserts sounded so delicious, that I could not miss out on trying one of their churros. With the churros, you can choose a cinnamon apple, strawberry, caramel or bavarian cream filling. I decided to go with the Bavarian cream and to say the least, it did not disappoint. I was surprised to find out that the churro was still warm after driving home and eating my meal first. It was straight out of the oven, so it was warm and gooey. It made for the perfect sweet treat. 

As someone who comes from a Mexican background and can appreciate authentic meals, I would rate Lina’s Mexican Restaurant 9/10. It is definitely a place that everyone should try at least once. It is a quick and delicious place to try. I can confidently say that I will be paying them another visit in the future. 

View Comments (1)