‘Omaha Places’ encouraging exploration in Nebraska

robyl@lopers.unk.edu

When you think of Nebraska, you may not think of much. Some may think of corn, Runza and football. But there is more to offer in this state, and the social media account “Omaha Places” has helped me uncover all the hidden gems. 

As I am heading to Omaha for the weekend, I scrolled on “Omaha Places” social media accounts for recommendations, and boy, did they deliver. From activities to food spots and even hotel suggestions, they’ve laid out a perfect plan for my trip. If you are unfamiliar with the Omaha area, “Omaha Places” can be your little tour guide to plan your trip. Only two and a half hours from Kearney, it could be a perfect day trip for a UNK student.

“Omaha Places” is all about uncovering the cool scenes and fun things to do that you might not have heard about otherwise. It’s not just about the famous places; it’s about the little spots hiding in the city. Whether it’s a cozy café or a local art show, “Omaha Places” highlights these hidden treasures, inviting everyone to check them out. One of my favorite spots that was highlighted by “Omaha Places” was Cafe Postale, a coffee shop located in downtown Omaha. That is just one example of a new place I have discovered from their pages.

One of the best things about “Omaha Places” is its weekly updates on what’s happening around town. From concerts to food fests, you’ll always know what’s going on over the weekend and it can help you potentially plan your trip.

But “Omaha Places” is also a place for local businesses to get noticed. By teaming up with “Omaha Places,” businesses can reach more people and get the word out about what they offer. It’s a win-win: businesses get more customers, and followers get to discover new places.

The person behind “Omaha Places” is pretty awesome too. Cahner Olson is so successful that she started her own advertising agency, 402 Social.

By sharing the best of Omaha, this account is spreading the love for Nebraska and inspiring people to explore their own backyard. Whether you’re a local looking for something new or a visitor wanting to experience the real Omaha, I suggest letting  “Omaha Places” be your go-to guide.