Fyre Modern Grill ‘won’t disappoint’ with hybrid dining

Alexis Bernthal’s Fyre Modern Grill burger. Photo provided by Alexis Bernthal / Antelope Staff

ALEXIS BERNTHAL

Antelope Staff

Joining Kearney’s restaurant family in July 2022, Fyre Modern Grill’s sleek interior matches food that won’t disappoint.

Located in the competitve Crowne Plaza on Talmadge Street, Fyre’s menu includes appetizers, different entrée cuisines, salads and desserts. Fyre has an extensive drink menu with drinks on tap.

For an entrée, prices range from $13 to $35. Unexpectedly, burgers are more affordable than flatbread pizza and tasty pasta dishes. 

The chicken alfredo, spaghetti with meatballs, gnocchi and flatbread pizza with meat, are $5 to $10 more than the majority of the burgers and sandwiches. In saying this, the portions of pasta are generous.

The menu features food that might be found at other American-style joints: ribs, chicken pot pie and even stuffed meatloaf. The chefs at Fyre take “classic American-style dishes” and gives them a modern twist. 

With my burger comprising most of my dish, the first things that caught my eye were the bright green pickles, salted, peppered and buttered for a delicious and tingly tart flavor. 

Customers can select a plain side salad with the burger with mixed greens, pickled onions, exceptional croutons and dressing. The cornmeal-laced croutons deliver a crispy exterior and flakey interior. 

In the weeks following Fyre’s opening, nights were hectic. Between 5:30-7:30 p.m. almost all 110 tables at Fyre were full throughout the restaurant’s two large dining rooms, outdoor patio and dynamic hybrid area. 

With six long tables that can seat eight people each, the hybrid area is like a convertible car turned into a room. The walls here are long glass windows that are able to collapse. The ceiling is divisible and opens like a vent. At the center of each table, a fire feature allows diners to light up their night as they wish.

Outside the kitchen, pizza is prepared next to a fire in an open area. Around the corner, an open bar offers a large liquor selection for customers.

Fyre’s bar brings in a vibrant energy on Friday and Saturday nights while still able to calm down for Sunday brunch. The restaurant’s operates from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

With an ambience that can mold to match any group for any occasion, Fyre Modern Grill is an exciting addition to Kearney’s repertoire of well-performing restaurants.