King of Hearts contestants dazzle

Alpha Phi’s fall philanthropy raises over 6K with proceeds benefitting Safe Center, women’s heart health

Courtney Lierman

Antelope Staff

Mr. Nebraskatz, Tyler Nelson, flashes the audience a memo while introduced at King of Hearts. Each contestant was escorted by two Alpha Phi women while the MC’s of the night read a quick biography of the participants to kick off the event.

Mr. Sigma Phi Epsilon, Jacob Curry, added two more titles to his name at the end of the night. Curry won over the audience with his stand-up comedy act and witty Q &A responses, earning him Mr. Heart Throb and the ultimate prize: King of Hearts 2017. 

Bringing out the power drill for his performance, Taylor Janicek of Phi Delta Theta shows the audience how to make a vegetable instrument. Janicek cracked jokes and threw in some puns while perfecting the art of a carrot flute. He went on to “play it” for the audience with music coming through the speakers around the theatre.

Jachob Wiedeburg represents Mr. Cross Country well with his “My Little Teapot” performance while judges tally the votes. Wiedeburg did not know he would be doing this dance for the audience, until he was called on stage for having the most money in his jar at the end of the night. Alpha Phi had many different ways to raise money from the event, including ticket admission, raffle tickets and casting votes through money jars. 

Mr. Wrestling, Jeffery Bizzle, incorporates his wrestling singlet into his lip-syncing performance at the event. Bizzle started off his talent by pretending to play piano to “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton. As the song picked up, Bizzle jumped from the piano and began his lip-syncing and interpretive dancing. 

Mr. Delta Tau Delta, Brent Anderson, strikes a quick pose during his ribbon dancing performance. The performance started with simple ribbon twirl, before Anderson ripped off his pants to expose his leotard ensemble. Anderson went on to win Mr. Congeniality at the end of the night. 

Austin Luger of the UNK basketball team, shows some skin while singing “Ladies Love Country Boys” by Trace Atkins for the talent competition. The ladies of the audience reacted to the song, and the country boy, with loud whistles and cheers during his performance.

Mr. Pike, Logan Krejdl, takes a stance to show his biceps alongside supportive members from his fraternity. Including Kredjl, there were 11 contestants competing in the event this year.

David Mueller

Video at the Antelope