Where’s Louie now?

Help piece together the clues and bring Louie home.
UNK mascot breaks free from pedestal and explores Kearney. Photo illustration by Rachel Ostdiek

After animal spaying and neutering activists tried to neuter him, Louie broke free from his spot on campus! As officials hunt to find Louie, The Antelope has received photos from people who have spotted him across Kearney.

Later he was spotted at the Hilltop Mall attempting to revamp his wardrobe at Bling. However, due to his “unique size,” he stormed out and began terrorizing other concerned patrons of the mall in a crazed tantrum. Photo by Sarah Bowels. – 9 a.m. 4/1

In an attempt to drown out his stress and problems, Louie tried to get a drink by breaking into The Loft only to find that all the real liquor had been stashed in a safe and replaced with fake bottles. – Photo by Tim Smith, Loft Bars Connoisseur – 5:30 a.m. 4/1

After a few hours with no sign of Louie, a bird watcher arriving to Kearney snapped this photo of Louie harassing drivers on I-80 and attempting to race alongside them. – Christiansen Doug, Bird Spotter – 2 p.m. 4/1

Feeling victorious, Louie climbed the Archway and let out a “child-like war cry.” – Christiansen Doug, Louie Spotter. – 2:22 p.m. 4/1

This photo was taken seconds before Louie took a running jump into the Yanney Heritage Park pond. He was suddenly attacked by a swan which chased him away from the park. Phelps Michael, Open Water Swimmer – 5:30 p.m. 4/1

Photos by Shelby Berglund / Antelope Staff

DISCLAIMER: This story is a part of our annual April Fools’ issue, this story is not real. Happy April Fools’ Day!