Everest Fusion perfect dinner choice for winter season

Photo by Cassie Brown Everest Fusion is located between Target and Hyvee off of 2nd Avenue.

larsonjt2@lopers.unk.edu

We are getting to the time of year when the temperature is getting cold and where warm or spicy food is something on a lot of people’s minds, and for good reason. Food with a little heat to it is really comforting when it is freezing outside. 

Located between Target and HyVee, Everest Fusion Indian and Nepales Cuisine offers a variety of different dishes from the Indian and Nepales cultures. For those who are interested in expanding their pallet and trying some new food, the menu has a wide range of entree choices for. This includes vegetarians or those who want seafood, chicken, lamb or even goat.

There were many different items on the menu that looked good, and I would want to try them one day. Some might be cautious of eating food from other cultures because it is too spicy, but Everest Fusion allows customers to pick the spice level they want for their meal with options for mild, medium or spicy dishes.

Some Indian dishes like curry and vindaloo are cooked with a variety of spices and seasoning. With food like this, spices can risk overpowering the other ingredients. 

I had the lamb curry and the bhatura.  The lamb curry had a good balance of spices and seasoning. I could still taste the lamb mixed in the curry gravy, and the meat was tender and cooked well. 

But to be honest the lamb curry was just okay. it was something that I would eat again, but not something that I would choose again. 

Bhatura is a deep fried bread. It was flaky and fluffy and overall pretty delicious. With deep fried food, there is a chance of it being really greasy, but it wasn’t that greasy at all. (This was something I was glad to see while eating spicy food because it’s more appetizing when it isn’t so greasy.) 

It is something I would definitely get again. I was expecting only three or four rolls, but the amount of bread ended up being way more than that, which was nice considering the reasonable price of just three bucks. 

They had a lot of different bread choices that looked appealing. Naan, which is a leavened white flour bread, and its garlic-backed counterpart garlic naan (a thrilling name, I know) were two other options that I wanted to try.

Overall, the prices weren’t too expensive— which is especially nice for those college students who are willing to spend a few more dollars just so you can eat something other than fast food. Students would spend the same amount going to restaurants like Red Lobster and Applebees, and it offered a nice change from eating the same meals a lot of restaurants have on the menu. 

The restaurant’s atmosphere is nice and quiet, which can be hard to find from many restaurants. I would definitely recommend eating at Everest Fusion.