Around the world and back to UNK

UNK teams pose for Homecoming photos

CASSIE SLOAN
sloancj@lopers.unk.edu

Wrapping up UNK’s 2019 Homecoming, students have yet another great year in the books. This year’s Homecoming theme was “Around the World” and campus was decked out in flags from various countries in honor of the occasion. 

On Monday, the Lawn Display Competition and pep rally began Homecoming week, bringing the UNK fraternities and sororities together to compete at the Bell Tower. The winner of the Lawn Display was Alpha XI Delta, Pi Kappa Alpha, and Sigma Lambda Beta. 

The Adventure Race, on Tuesday, took place in Cushing due to rain. Alpha XI Delta, Pi Kappa Alpha, and Sigma Lambda Beta took the lead once again.

Loper Feud took place in the Fine Arts Recital Hall on Wednesday. The Honors Program came out on top. 

Students excitedly watched their friends compete in the Lip Sync Battle on Thursday. There were great performances including songs like, “New York State of Mind”, performed by this year’s winners, Phi Delta Theta, Alpha Omicron Pi, and Delta Tau Delta.

The queen candidates for Homecoming royalty were Parker Humpal of Fort Collins, Colorado, Makenzie Petersen of O’Neill, Haley Pierce of West Point and Hannah Sealock of Columbus. The king candidates were Gabe Crocker of Kearney, Jose Ortega of Lexington, Jacob Roth of Milford and Zach Sullivan of Omaha.

The UNK 2019 Homecoming Royalty is Jacob Roth and Makenzie Petersen, crowned on Thursday. 

On Friday, the Canned Food Build outside of the Student Union, saw a lot of creative designs, but especially from the winners, Phi Delta Theta, Alpha Omicron Pi and Delta Tau Delta.

The Homecoming Parade, which took place on the bricks, had an amazing turnout. The winner of the float competition was, once again, Phi Delta Theta, Alpha Omicron Pi and Delta Tau Delta.

This Saturday, before the UNK Homecoming football game, the winners of Homecoming were announced. Phi Delta Theta, Alpha Omicron Pi and Delta Tau Delta won the Homecoming Champion title. The Lopers beat Northeastern State with a score of 45-10. Homecoming was once again a success, leaving everyone anxious for next year!

[wonderplugin_slider id=10 alignment=”center”]