Delta Tau Delta plans annual Date-A-Delt philanthropy

Courtesy of Joseph Hiatt

johnsonc293@lopers.unk.edu

UNK fraternity Delta Tau Delta will hold its fourth annual Date-a-Delt philanthropy event on April 16 to donate to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

The annual philanthropy event will include both a silent auction and a live auction of date baskets. There will be different sizes of baskets ranging from $20 to $150 in value.

Members of the fraternity are prepping to make sure the event is a hit. Lance Haberman, a member of Delta Tau Delta, said he is eager to get this event started. 

“My favorite part of planning Date-a-Delt this year has been working with all of the guys in our fraternity to reach out to surrounding local businesses,” Haberman said. “Without the hard work that each member in Delt has put into this event, it truly wouldn’t be possible.”

The bigger baskets will be auctioned off on stage while the smaller baskets will be a part of the silent auction. During dinner, some members of the UNK band will provide entertainment.

Some examples of Date-a-Delt baskets in the past have included spa nights, movie nights and free rounds of golf.  

Caden Steel, another member of Delta Tau Delta, is working hard to put the event together.

“My favorite part of planning this event is going out and talking to local businesses,” Steel said. “It builds a sense of community, and it helps unite everyone under a common goal.” 

Due to the generosity of local businesses and the fraternity’s alumni, there will be a raffle drawing after the event to win AirPods Pro and an iPad.

“It’s a good way to get students on campus involved in Fraternity and Sorority Life with the ability to win prizes and it supports a good cause,” said Levi Powell, a member of Delta Tau Delta.