University library closes as UNK transitions to online courses

UNK library outside

MADISON DIMMITT
dimmittmc@lopers.unk.edu

The Calvin T. Ryan Library building is closed to the public.They are still offering electronic databases for usage through students’ UNK email accounts, in addition to their “Ask a Librarian” service. A website called Kanopy is also available for streaming documentaries and other educational movies. If you have any questions, please visit their website. 

The Kearney Public Library’s interior is closed to the public and their curbside service has ended. They have also closed their book drop and aren’t accepting returns at this time. 

The Kearney Public Library does have electronic services and databases available for use. They have ebooks and electronic audiobooks available on Overdrive. Overdrive can be found on your website browser and app. Another app provided by the company, Libby, can also be found on Apple’s App Store and on Google Play. It is essentially the same app as Overdrive, just more user friendly. The Kearney Public Library also provides the Kanopy streaming service with a limitation of 10 movies per month.