LPAC to host challenges at Sleuth Escape Rooms

Travis Burbach, Seth Taylor, Tawny Moore, Natasha, Seth Sloan, Erica Little, and Siany Edwards completed the escape rooms when they were hosted on campus. Photo courtesy of LPAC

HALEY PIERCE
pierceha@lopers.unk.edu

The Loper Programming and Activities Council is hosting escape room challenges for UNK students at Sleuth Escape Rooms from Oct. 24 to Oct. 26.

This is the third year LPAC has hosted escape rooms. Following the event’s first year, LPAC determined students would be willing to go off campus for a more realistic event.

Broc Stuhr, a performing arts chair for LPAC, is responsible for helping plan the event. 

He believes they are good team-building events for students.

“The escape room event is a mind challenge unlike anything UNK students will see in the classroom. It’s an opportunity for students to come together and collaborate,” Stuhr said.

LPAC encourages students to make teams as friends, student groups or perhaps a residence hall floor. Teams can consist of up to eight members. Sign up is at the student union welcome desk prior to the event or until slots are full. 

Stuhr relayed team building should be strategic.

“This means that the best approach to escaping their respective rooms, means to have a diverse and out of the box thinking group.”

At Sleuth, three escape rooms will be running on either 30 or 45 minute cycles. Time slots are available on Oct. 24 and 25 from 6 to 10 p.m. and on Oct. 26 from 4 to 10 p.m.

Sleuth regularly changes their rooms, so students who participated in the past will have new challenges. This doesn’t stop visitors.

“Realistically everyone doesn’t escape the room successfully but it’s a blast even if you fail. Last year my team goofed up quite a bit, but it brought out the best qualities in us all,” Stuhr said.

The partnership has been a successful one.

“I love helping to put on this event because it brings students and a local business together in a beautiful way,” Stuhr said.