Loper scoring woes continue

Alex Eller
ellerag@lopers.unk.edu

The UNK women’s soccer team played host to Emporia State and Washburn over the weekend. In both games they were shut out, losing to the Hornets on Sept.27 2-0 and the Ichabods on Sept.29 1-0. Against Emporia State, Aislinn Hughes scored her second goal of the year with nine minutes to go in the first half. The ball bounced off another teammate off a corner and then went to Hughes who found the back of the net. The Hornets scored again off a rebound shot in the second half. This time Kaley Corr headed the ball towards the net off a corner kick. It was stopped by goalie Allie Prososki, but then the ball rolled to Kennedy Hoffman who booted it in.

Even though Emporia State is an MIAA opponent, the game was not considered a conference game.

UNK began MIAA play on Sunday against Washburn. For the second time this season the Lopers dropped a game to the Ichabods by a score of 1-0. The lone goal was by Tera Lynch and came five minutes into the game. It was set up by a steal and then a shot from 25 yards out. On the weekend, UNK was outshot by their opponents 30 to 11.

UNK goes on the road this weekend against Newman University (5-1-2) on Oct.4 at 7 p.m. and then No.14 Central Oklahoma (6-0-2) on Oct.6 at 1 p.m.

[wonderplugin_slider id=9 alignment=”center”]