UNK stays undefeated over the weekend

Loper+Volleyball
Loper Volleyball

Alex Eller
ellerag@lopers.unk.edu

UNK women’s volleyball team kept up their winning ways over the weekend against two conference foes. They swept Newman University on Sept.27 and Central Oklahoma on Sept.28. Against Neumann, the Lopers held the Jets to a .066 hitting percentage. UNK also forced them into 18 errors. All three sets of the match were never close, as the Lopers won 25-15, 25-17, and 25-16. Leaders in the match for UNK were Anna Squiers with 10 kills and Michaela Bartels with 9 kills. The Squiers sisters had eight aces in the match, with Anna accounting for five and Maddie three.

On Saturday, the Lopers faced off with Central Oklahoma who is in contention to be rated. 

UNK shined on the defensive side of the ball once again, holding the Broncos to a -.009 hitting percentage and forcing them into 21 errors on the night.Central Oklahoma couldn’t rebound from their poor hitting performance and lost in three sets 25-15,25-10, and 25-11. This marked the 650th win in the Rick Squiers era at UNK. In 21 seasons as the coach, he has amassed a record of 650-88. Leaders in the match against the Broncos were Julianne Jackson with 11 kills and 1 ace and Maddie Squiers with 35 assist and 18 digs.

The Lopers are on the road this week facing tough competition in Central Missouri and Northwest Missouri State. UNK faces the No.14 Mules on Oct.4 at 6 p.m. and No.11 Bearcats on Oct.5 at 3 p.m.

[wonderplugin_slider id=8 alignment=”center”]