Career Days offers students job advice, opportunities

UNK Communications

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is hosting numerous Career Days events to help students interact with companies and examine career opportunities in a variety of fields.

The series of career fairs, networking receptions and workshops is from Oct. 2-24.

The Fall Career and Graduate School Fair, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 at UNK’s Health and Sports Center, is among Career Days highlights. More than 50 companies and organizations are represented at the event, which is free and open to the public.

Prior to the career fair, UNK will offer its Career Fair Edge event from 3 to 4 p.m. Oct. 2. This program gives students the chance to interact with employers and enhance their professional development through participating in practice job interviews, having their resumes critiqued, and getting advice about professional attire and introductions.

UNK Criminal Justice, Supply Chain Management, Health Sciences and Industrial Distribution departments are hosting events specific to students and others interested in their programs.

The College of Business & Technology also is hosting a pair of career fair training sessions on Oct. 4-5.

Visit http://www.unk.edu/about/career-days.php for more info and event details.