Campus mourns loss of Frerichs

Amber Frerichs
Amber Frerichs

Antelope Staff

Amber Frerichs
Amber Frerichs

University of Nebraska at Kearney student Amber Frerichs died in a vehicle accident early last Saturday morning northwest of Amherst.

Frerichs was a junior from Bassett majoring in exercise science. She was studying to become an athletic trainer and worked and a prominent leader in Campus Recreation.

“Amber Frerichs was an active participant in student life and activities at UNK, particularly in Campus Recreation and our Wellness Center. Many knew her and will miss her. It’s devastating for us, but more so for her family and friends, who our hearts go out to,” said university spokesperson Dr. Gilbert Hinga.

Frerichs graduated from Rock County High School in Bassett, Nebraska.

Representatives from UNK Student Health and Counseling are available to individuals who would like to talk.

The university has received confirmation of visitation and funeral information:
• Visitation will be on Friday, Feb. 10, at 4 to 7 p.m. at the Hoch Funeral Home: 211 Clark St., Bassett, Nebraska 68714-0368.
• Funeral services will be on Saturday, Feb. 11, at 10:30 a.m. at the Rock County High School Gymnasium. The address is E. Hwy 20/POB 448
• Flowers can be sent to the Hoch Funeral Home.
• Following is a link with the information: http://hosting-25635.tributes.com/mobile/services/104433972