The best studying atmosphere is found at Kitt’s

Afternoon hours especially allow students the space and calm setting to focus. Photo by Kolton Maturey / Antelope Staff

whiteb3@lopers.unk.edu

As college students, we all know the importance of finding that perfect spot where we can get out our laptops and have a cup of something to fuel our academic pursuits. For me, that place is Kitt’s Kitchen and Coffee. Kitt’s not only offers the best environment for studying but also serves up delicious drinks and food.

When it comes to a study spot, the environment is everything. Kitt’s hits the mark with its cozy and welcoming atmosphere. As soon as you walk in you’re greeted by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the soft hum of conversations. The rustic decor, warm lighting and plenty of seating create an environment that’s perfect for both studying alone and group discussions.

Whether you prefer the buzz of a busy coffee shop or a quiet corner, Kitt’s has it. The availability of power outlets ensures your devices stay charged, and the free Wi-Fi ensures that you’re always connected for research or last-minute online quizzes.

Kitt’s takes its coffee seriously, and it shows in the quality of their drinks. From espresso to lattes and crafted cappuccinos, there’s a drink for every coffee lover. The baristas offer the perfect pour and latte art, turning each cup into a work of caffeinated beauty.

Coffee isn’t the only type of beverage offered on the menu. If you’re not fond of coffee, you will still find a drink to love. Kitt’s offers a wide variety of teas, hot chocolate and refreshing iced beverages. Their inventive specials will surprise and delight your taste buds with unique flavor combinations. My favorite non-coffee drink on the menu has to be their chai. Hot or iced that will always be my number one choice. 

Studying requires fuel, and Kitt’s serves some of my favorite dishes in Kearney. Their menu boasts an array of breakfast options, ranging from sandwiches and omelets to crepes and bagels. The attention to detail in each dish enhances the visual appeal and makes the food even more enticing. When it comes to recommendations, I find it challenging to pick between the biscuits and gravy and the Whistle Stop sandwich.

They offer an assortment of pastries and baked goods, featuring muffins, croissants and cakes that serve as fantastic sources of motivation during those extended study sessions. Trust me; a vanilla chocolate chip muffin from Kitt’s can work wonders for your productivity.

For me, Kitt’s has earned its reputation as the best place to study in Kearney. The ambiance, quality drinks and delicious food create an environment that not only enhances your academic focus but also makes your study sessions enjoyable. The next time you’re looking for a new study spot, head over to Kitt’s, grab your favorite drink and dive into your textbooks. 

View Comments (1)