Simple and fun pranks to play on family and friends

CASSIE BROWN / ANTELOPE STAFF A fun and harmless prank to do is to cover someone’s car with sticky notes.

henryaj@lopers.unk.edu

For years, April Fools’ Day has been a day to play practical jokes and hoaxes on one another. April 1 has been celebrated for several centuries by several different cultures.

These jokes can either take lots of planning or appear in the form of a simple message, which is arguably just as funny. Below is a list of a few jokes to play on your friends and family this year. 

Empty Fridge: 

One simple prank to play on roommates or family members is to empty the kitchen fridge completely. Place truly perishable items like meat, milk or mayonnaise in a cooler and everything else like condiments, drinks and vegetables in a box for an hour. Now that the hard part is done, wait around for your friends and families reaction. 

Photos: 

For this prank go around your house and replace photos that are hanging on the wall or sitting around with photos of celebrities and strangers. See how long it takes for your family/friends to notice the different photos. 

Insect Scare: 

Place fake spiders or other random insects/animals in a friend or co-workers purse, work area or jacket. Ask them to look for something for you and watch the terror unfold. 

April Fools’ pranks can be quite simple. However, if you’re up to the challenge and looking for a bigger scare, then here are a couple more ideas. 

Airhorn madness:

Have you been looking for a way to annoy your co-workers but haven’t found the perfect chance? Today’s the day!. For this prank you’ll need an air horn (or two) and some heavy duty tape. Install the air horn as a door protector and wait for the many scares. 

Balloons galore: 

This prank is another simple, yet larger prank to play on anyone. Buy a couple packages of balloons, blow them up and shove them all into a small space. This could be a bedroom, vehicle or office space. 

Sticky notes on wheels: 

Buy some packages of sticky notes and redecorate your friends/family members vehicle. If you have extra time, you can leave some hidden messages on each of the notes. This is a fun prank that will surely be remembered.

These are just a few pranks that will most definitely lighten up the mood. Don’t forget: while you may be planning pranks on your friends, there may be one about to be played on you.