AXID Football Frenzy Philanthropy

Teams participating in the AXID Football Frenzy

CASSIE SLOAN
sloancj@lopers.unk.edu

This Saturday the Alpha XI Delta sorority had their philanthropy event at Foster Field. All profits from the event went to the Autism Speaks philanthropy. The event began with the meal; the AXID members sold meal tickets throughout the last few weeks for $5. The meal consisted of a burger, chips and a drink. 

After the meal, teams competed to play flag football. Additional games included corn hole, yard jenga and yard yahtzee. The teams paid to play, but the crowd was able to watch for free. Each team paid $60 to compete. The games continued until 6 that evening, even though they were expected to continue until 9. 

Throughout the day, raffle winners were announced. Kearney businesses donated the prizes. Raffle tickets were $1 each or six tickets could be purchased for $5. Some of the prizes included gift cards to Angus Burgers, 24 Hour Tees, four free movie passes to Kearney Cinema 8, and a gift card to Kearney Floral. Olde Towne Tattoo, Graham Tire, and Abante Marketing sponsored the event

The winning team went by the name “Yearbook,” and consisted of the following members: Tanner Lierman, Cam Moore, Nate Gustafson, Brandt Spath, Nate Berg, Reid Bednar, and Preston Petersen. 

Alpha XI Delta raised $3,500 for Autism Speaks during the fundraiser, which was more than was raised in the philanthropy event last year.