Offices return to Warner Hall following renovations

Kaden Gilbert, telecommunications student worker, stocks a desk for Information Technology Services. Photo by Ricardo Hernandez / Antelope Staff

ostdiekr@lopers.unk.edu

The completion of renovations in Warner Hall has brought numerous student services back to permanent locations. Over the past few weeks, several offices have transitioned from temporary spaces back into Warner Hall.

The move has been an ongoing process.

“Due to the nature of Warner Hall and the amount of student services offered in that building, the move was really staggered to minimize the disruption of students,” said Greg Christen, project manager for the university system.

The renovation project, which began in January 2023, was part of LB384: a deferred maintenance bill passed by the state to improve buildings across the Nebraska University system.

Warner Hall underwent upgrades to the HVAC systems, electrical distribution and windows to improve infrastructure and prolong the building’s lifespan. Along with this, the University installed new carpet and repainted the walls.

Given the overlap among many of these offices, reuniting them within the same building improves the overall workflow, said Matt Allbright, associate director of operations and residence life.

“It’s been nice to get back into the main part of campus and be in the foot traffic of a lot of students,“ Allbright said. “We direct a lot of people to the finance and the registrar’s offices so it is helpful to be in the same building as these other student services.”

However, some offices are holding off on their move for the time being.

“Some of the administrative offices that were relocated into the Union are going to stay where they are for the immediate time being,” Christen said. “Each department was evaluated on when was the most appropriate time to move with the least disruption possible.”

The student services that have returned to Warner Hall are:

• Academic Resources & Institutional Research
  • Associate Vice Chancellor Business & Finance
  • Assessment Office
  • Budget Office
  • Business Services
  • Enrollment Management & Marketing
  • Finance
  • Human Resources
  • Information Technology Services
  • Office of Equity and Compliance
  • Office of Inclusive Excellence
  • Office of the University Registrar
  • Procure-to-Pay Office
  • Residence Life
  • Sponsored Programs/Undergraduate Research