Total hunk daddy Paul Blart to join campus police force

Paul Blart coming to the rescue on the UNK campus. Photo illustration by Antelope Staff

failingk@lopers.unk.edu

Paul Blart, the mall cop, came into town to talk with UNK police about joining their department. Blart is famously known for saving his hometown mall from an armed robbery. He not only saved the mall, but also all of the hostages, which consisted of his close friends and daughter. 

Blart wanted a change of scenery in his work life and decided to pursue a career in college campus policing. He didn’t have to search long before colleges all over the country started to reach out to him. His reputation after saving the mall was helping more than ever to get him job offers. 

His reasoning to come to is summed up by what matters to him the most. 

“I want to come to UNK and help protect the community because it reminds me a lot of home,” Blart said. “I want to know the people I work with and have close friends in the community and UNK seems like the place to be for that type of work.” 

He plans to bring so much positive attention to not only the UNK police department, but the Kearney community overall. His high values and nurturing nature are going to bring the community closer. Mall cops around the world are looking up to him as he continues expanding on his career and paving the way for the rest of them. 

“I like to think of myself as just a regular guy trying to do good for the people I love,” Blart said. 

This type of selflessness and humility should pair perfectly with the staff at the UNK Police Department this fall.