Pit tickets sell out in first few minutes due to Yung Gravy hype

torresmj@lopers.unk.edu

Yung Gravy will be headlining the LPAC spring concert. Chevy Woods will be the opening act.

The concert will take place in the Health and Sports Center on Apr. 27. The doors will open at 6:30 p.m. The concert will start at 7:30 p.m.

“LPAC has been planning since fall last year, we plan for 10-12 months in order to get the wheels in motion,” said Renae Zimmer, the director of Student Engagement.

Careful consideration was put into choosing a performer for 2023.

“We opened the decision to all of LPAC and developed a running list that was five to six pages long, we needed an artist who did venues our size,” said Aiden Weidner, a student in charge of leading LPAC’s concert team.

After narrowing down the list, students and members of the community were asked their opinion on Yung Gravy, and the result was overwhelmingly positive.

LPAC recognizes UNK hasn’t held a spring concert since AJR performed in 2018.

“Student engagement went through a lot of employee changes, we didn’t have the resources for another large scale concert,” Zimmer said.

A spring concert has been in the works since last year, however, the Omicron variant of COVID-19 put a stop to those plans and a spring block party was thrown instead.

UNK has also come to the decision to hire a local sound and production team rather than hiring Yung Gravy’s.

Yung Gravy doesn’t travel with a full light or sound crew, LPAC is working with Yung Gravy’s camp and following suit from other concerts.

Tickets are now available to the rest of the community. UNK is planning to market the concert aggressively in the coming weeks.

General admission tickets and reserve/handicapped tickets are still available.

“Get your tickets,” Zimmer said. “They’re selling out fast”.

Zimmer and the students of LPAC encourage anyone interested in event planning to attend an LPAC meeting. Meetings are held every Thursday at 5 p.m. in the Antelope room of the Nebraskan Student Union.