LPAC replaces spring concert tradition with lively festival

Drummer seated during rock concert

hasetsua@lopers.unk.edu

LPAC Spring Festival 2022 will be held 5-11 p.m. Thursday, April 28 on the campus greens near the fountain. The festival is sponsored by LPAC and will include music, food trucks, inflatables, games and more. 

The Innocence, a variety rock band will play first, and DJ Green will close the night. Giveaways offered during the event include movies, pizza, car wash, subs for a year and a 55-inch television. In addition, the Rock-It event inflatables and games will be provided by Residence Hall Association.

Food trucks from Nick’s Gyros, Nomad Pizza, Sam-Q BBQ and Tropical Sno will provide food free of charge to students.

“Food trucks have been in the conversation from the beginning,” said Renae Zimmer, the LPAC adviser. “Between UNK business services and Sodexo, they worked well with LPAC to make it happen.”

Zimmer described the background in organizing the LPAC Spring Festival.

“Since LPAC was not able to host a spring concert this year, a block party/festival was a goal,” Zimmer said. “A lot of hard work and collaboration went into this. It has forced all of us to think outside the box to put on a super fun outdoor event at UNK.” 

LPAC supplied the hard work and planning behind the scenes to organize the event.

“I am really proud of LPAC,” Zimmer said. “I can’t emphasize enough that LPAC has been challenged with thinking outside the box for programming for this semester and beyond. If students have ideas for events, programs…we want to hear about it.”