Kearney Chipotle features ‘Chipotlane’ drive-thru

Chipotle+Bowl
Chipotle Bowl

ramirezy@lopers.unk.edu

Lopers are in for a real treat as Chipotle opened a new location in Kearney Feb. 11. Now Kearney Chipotle-lovers don’t need to travel to satisfy cravings. 

Toward the north end of town on 2nd Ave., the small Chipotle is toward the entrance of the mall. Upon entrance, customers are immediately greeted with the smell of tortilla chips. Their menu varies with burrito bowls, tacos, burritos and salads. 

I ordered a chicken burrito bowl. With a completely customizable menu, customers can choose what toppings they would like. I had to try the famous guacamole, and it did‘nt disappoint. Chipotle prides itself on using fresh ingredients, and it pays off. 

One unique feature about this location is the “Chipotlane.”

“It’s a hybrid of what a normal drive-thru is,” said Harley Huaryta, the store’s general manager. “We don’t have an actual kiosk to order food from outside of our building. You have to place all your orders online through our Chipotle app, and then you place a time you would like to pick up that order. All the guests have to do is drive up to the window.”

The benefit of this unique system is that it eliminates the wait time that comes with ordering from a drive-thru. 

Chipotle seems to focus on getting customers in and out, and the service is quick. I entered during a rush but still got my food with under a 10-minute wait. The menu is also inclusive of restricted diets. They offer vegetarian and vegan options for customers.

If Lopers need a quick meal, I definitely recommend Chipotle. Prices are comfortable depending on what is ordered, but it is worth it for the flavor. I rate it four out of five Lopes.