UNK Summer Construction

Campus looks different than it did last spring. Buildings were razed and renovated to make way for new projects. 

Jennie M. Conrad Hall

This building has housed residents and offices since 1957. Shortly after the east heating plant was demolished, Conrad Hall was razed June 2 and replaced by green space. 

Otto Olsen

Construction crews began demolition of Otto Olsen July 29. Chancellor Doug Kristensen inititaed it by taking down a wall on the western side of the building. Otto Olsen was replaced by the Discovery Hall STEM building last October. 

Millenium Housing Project

The multi-phase Millennium Development Element 30 project will house 230 units, as well as 5,000 square feet space for offices, restaurants and retail. The first phase of the $48 million project will be completed Aug. 1. 

Tennis Complex

South of the University Village apartments is the construction site for a new indoor tennis complex. It will be used by the community, Kearney Parks and Recreation and the UNK tennis team. Completion of the $8.5 million will be in spring of 2022.

Martin Hall

Renovation of Martin Hall began this summer to eventually house Fraternity and Sorority Life. The completion dates are late 2022 or early 2023.