10 Valentine’s Day Kearney business discounts

issue 3 cover

JASMINE THOMPSON
thompsonjm2@lopers.unk.edu

It seems as though payday is always the week before or after Valentine’s Day. We’ve reeled in the deals for this year’s local budget friendly Valentine’s Day ideas. These deals are only available on Friday, Feb. 14, 2020.  

(Cheapest to Priciest) 

1. Pop-Up Restaurant by Land or Sea at UNK’s Student Union: Meal Swipe or $5 each 

From 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Louie’s Pizza station you and your friends can enjoy surf and turf. If you’re interested in a cheap, high-quality meal make sure to get there ASAP. There is a limited number of plates and they could sell out quickly! 

2. Kisses for a Cause at the Kearney Area Animal Shelter: $5 each 

From 1 to 5 p.m. you can get a Valentines photo of you and your dog, or of a Shelter pet, at the Kearney Area Animal Shelters’ Valentine’s Day kissing booth. For $5 you get a photo and Valentine’s treat and not to mention an adorable keepsake. 

3. Ice Skating at the Viaero Event Center: $9 each 

From 7 to 9 p.m. you and your significant other can enjoy an evening of relatively cheap entertainment. Whether you’re an expert on the ice or not, we’re sure you’ll enjoy the cool environment of the Viaero Event Center. 

4. Prime Sirloin Steak Dinner at Hy-Vee Market Grille: $8-12 each 

From 4 to 7 p.m. you can enjoy a steak dinner with potatoes and veggies. The 8 oz comes to $8 while the 12 oz sirloin is $12. This dinner meal is a great way to impress your date while keeping the tab low. 

5. Free sub at Firehouse Subs: Under $15 

Any time after 4 p.m. you can get one free medium sub with the purchase of a medium or large sub, chips and drink. If you want to keep your Valentines simple, grab a sub and enjoy a stroll through the park with your Valentine.  

6. Galentine’s Night at Fanci That: $20 each 

From 6 to 8 p.m. you and your friends 

7. Prime Rib Dinner for Two at The Lodge: Under $35 

From 5 to 9 p.m. you can enjoy a prime rib dinner with complimentary champagne and choice of soup or salad, and choice of side. If your budget has more to splurge, then this is the deal of the day. Impress your date and enjoy a high-quality meal for an affordable price. 

8. Five Course Meal at Joy’s Table: $55 each 

From 4 to 10 p.m. treat your significant other and yourself to a delightful five course meal! It begins with a complimentary drink, followed by hors d’oeuvres, small appetizers, pasta of your choice, followed by an entrée of your choice and finished off with a dessert of your choice.